Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Read, I Eat

"He took a nap at 10 (am) and slept for 3 hours."
This is what ajumma told me when I picked up the Jakester at 3:00 this afternoon. This of course meant he wasn't sleeping in the late afternoon like he usually does. So I put him in the car and, as usual, he pointed and grunted at what he wanted to play with. I haven't cleaned the car in a while, so he had a lot of choices: my gym bag, a baby blanket from his days as an infant, CDs, a book, and other assorted chatskis. He pointed at the book and said "boo!" The book it was. He read it all the way to Kahala Mall where we stopped to say hello to nana. Granted, as the picture demonstrates, the book was upside down, but that just reveals Jake's genius. Upside down? I can still read it.

In the evening he met a bunch of aunties and uncles for dinner at Kona Brewing Company. After a meal of veggie pizza and a broiled fish sandwich, he played and had fun with everyone. He fell asleep 5 minutes after hitting his car seat.

It rained all day today, a Kona low that brought typhoon-esque winds and rain to Oahu.
Song of the day: The Books: Read, Eat, Sleep
http://ilike.com/artist/The+Books/album/Thought+For+Food