Saturday, December 20, 2008

Non-stop Jake



Mom had to work all day so it was Jakers, me, and Nana from morning until late afternoon.
//We started at Toys R Us, where we bought all Jaker's xmas gifts. He slept the whole time, which was perfect. He got a bunch of books and puzzles and...I'll wait until xmas to reveal the rest.
//Afters we got some delish fish at Nico's. Jake got his own plate (see above). As per usual for the past couple of days, he wasn't hungry. This has been worrying us a bit b/c he's usually so voracious. After eating we ran around Ala Moana, where we brought the fish for a picnic. I looked at Jake's mouth b/c he's had some pretty bad breath lately. There was blood on his tongue. We did some investigating and it appears that he has two new teeth coming in. This explains the eating (lack there of), restlessness, and breath. Although it would have made things easy to give him some whisky, we instead took him home for a nice nap.
//When mom got home we headed down to the marina to watch the boat parade. Jake wasn't into it and to be honest, neither was I. I was a bit surprised at how adult the boat themes were considering everyone watching seemed to be under age 16. Bizarre. We left early for Outback Steakhouse. Jake was absolutely not in the mood. Spilled a giant glass of water, which was a blast.
//I predicted he wouldn't sleep til 11 since he was so wired and had such a late nap. He made it until 10, so I lost the bet with mom. Not sure what it is I have to do, but I'm sure she'll think of something good.
Song of the Day: Fishbone: Everyday Sunshine