Sunday, February 22, 2009

Odin and the Jakers


Watching the Oscars. Although Jake wasn't interested in them, he stayed awake for quite a while regardless. I took him for a walk around the grounds; he slept for about 5 minutes, then woke up when we got in the elevator. I thought it was going to be a tough sleep time, but when I got in I took him out of the walker and into the crib. He went right to sleep.

Today he spent most of the day at home again trying to get rid of the ear infection. Odin came over for play and for dins. As usual, they had a great time together. I cooked my first meal on the new stove. Not sure if I like the ability it has to stain itself.

I wonder why Korea never wins "Best Foreign Film?" Without a doubt they have the most robust film industry in Asia (far beyond the Japanese, who won as I wrote this) and are widely recognized as having a superior output of quality films. I think the answer is fairly simple: the US and Europe see Japan as "Asia"? Why? See post-War reconstruction and 60 years of ignorance about the rest of the continent. I'll stop here.

Song of the Day: The Clientele: I Can't Seem to Make You Mine