Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh, The Pain


The picture doesn’t tell the story of today. It was actually a Jake and me day in the afternoon because mom took the other car. We spent it together, first at the house, where we cleaned and read a book. At one point Jake decided he wanted to call mom, but I was using the phone so he went through the stages that eventually led him to the tears you see here: longing eyes; incredulousness that I would deny him the phone; crocodile tears; full on wail. What happened next was interesting. I told him, “Jake, I’m using the phone, you’ll have to wait. Can you wait?”

He replied (sans tears), “Ung (yes).”

I said, “Can you stop now?”

“Ung.”

"Can you hug daddy, say sorry?” He hugged me and that was that.

I hope I handled it the right way.

Later we took a walk to Safeway where we met mom. We brought sushi home for dins. Slept well.

Song of the Day: REM: Everybody Hurts