Sunday, May 24, 2009

Laxitatiousness

Just realized it's Jake's "birthday." He's 20 months old, in his 21rst. Crazy. Jake, you're growing up fast, you really are.

Don't know if it's the holiday or that I feel a little sick (stomach feels sour), but I have no energy; no desire to do much of anything. Didn't really affect our day with the Jakers, but did affect my posting last night, which didn't happen. I apologize Jake. Went to the (final) baseball game. I think that had something to do with it. Always seems like I don't post on baseball days. Yesterday Jakers had Ohana Music in the AM. It was just me and him as omma felt kinda sick. Laters we went to meet Odin's new brother, Keagan. Whilst there he played with Odin for quite a while. We had dins together.

Today we had french toast for breaky (thanks omma), then did something that Jake enjoyed immensely: bought a new vacuum cleaner. He loved spending time in the VC area of Sears...loved it. Our old model was there and he kept saying "Appa!" whilst pointing at the vacuum. He was laughing too. Loved it.

Afters we ate lunch and went home for a whole family nap. Swam after the nap. He was on cloud nine for sures.

Interesting fact about Jake these days: Every time we drive by a bus, a Chevron station, the playground Jake and I sometimes play at before picking up omma (in Kahala/Kaimuki), or the smoothie place on Monserrat, Jake points and says "APPA!!" as in, "Appa, there' a place we go together a lot!" or, "You taught me what that is, a bus!" It's amazing to me and blows my mind that he knows/recognizes these things/places. Crazy.

Song of the Day: Cold War Kids: Hang Me Up to Dry