Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Only the Truth, Sir


If I'm going to be honest with this blog, then I should write how I've been feeling the past couple of days. This is for Jake's benefit after all, and when he reads this, I'm sure he'll appreciate how I feel and the fact that I wrote it. This kind of post is rare, but probably much more interesting for the reader. Wait, Jake's the only reader. (I did, by the way, tell omma about this site, but she hasn't looked at it yet. You can ask her why.)

I've been losing my patience easily the last couple of days. I have a short temper with Jake. I'm expecting him to listen to everything I say and I expect him to react to what I ask of him. I KNOW, this has much more to do with me than him, he is only 2 after all, but I do think that he has some ability at this point to know basic rights and wrongs; I can see it in his eyes. I so realize it's a process and that it's going to take years of patience with him. I guess this is a test for me. I'm his father and I need to be patient and understanding. Actually, I think I am, I'm just going through a rough patch at the moment. There you go...all fixed.

I'll never give up on you Jakey.


BTW, Picked up Jake, home, dinner w/nana, TV, sleep.

Song of the Day: The Thermals: Now We Can See