Thursday, December 25, 2008

The 2nd Xmas

Jake's second Christmas. A wonderful day all around. Didn't blog yesterday b/c we all fell asleep at 8pm. None of us woke until 7. It was nice, but I missed writing about his day yesterday. No worries though, today was way more interesting...

Woke at 7 and started unwrapping presents. The big items: a kitchen from Nana, a Bobilo (sp?) toy from Auntie Shellie, and books and puzzles from mom and me. Making pancakes...Sparky enjoyed his xmas...Early afternoon we took a hike up to Makapu'u Lighthouse. Beautiful day, Jake slept the whole way up on my back.

He woke up on the way down. We thought he peed in his pants, but apparently it was my back sweat. Gross, I know. By the end of the hike he was all smiles.

He's definitely not a hat wearer (I'm bummed about this b/c I think he looks great in hats) but we did get him to wear his UH hat for a snap.

Of course he had to get me back.
Dinner was roast beast and assorted foodstuffs from friends and aunties and uncles. I made a grilled fish. Passed the time with a Sam Adams Fizzywig Ale. After dins Nana took him for a walk and he was all Zs within minutes.

Merry Christmas Bibs. I love you.

Song of the Day: The Yule Log