Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kaimana Kid

Great Sunday. Fabulous day.
1. Started with a nice sleep in. He slept longer than me, a first in his life I think. Granted he woke in the middle of the night crying, but he slept until 7:45-ish.

2. Ohana Music in the AM. As per usual he kind of wandered around and got into it at the end. I think he loves it, but is the kid in the corner who dances in front of his mirror at home but can't bring himself to do it in public. Lina was there so he spent a lot of time with her.

3. Toys R Us afters, where we bought him his first computer and trike. He's obviously a novice at both, but he'll grow into them.

4. Lunch at home (mac and cheese) followed by a nap. He had trouble sleeping, but I'm proud to say I got him to sleep with my soothing voice (hardly).


5. Nana came over and we went to the beach. He had an absolute blast playing in the sand and making sand castles. It was great to see him so happy.

6. Dinner at Buca Di Beppo's, where I had one of those moments. He was just awesome the whole time, eating and smiling. This is kind of rare b/c these days he's all about wandering. Tonight he sat the whole time, smiling and making faces. At one point it hit me that, this is my son; my only son. He brings such unbelievable joy to my heart. I felt so joyous. I could have cried. Seriously. (Maybe it was the wine :)

Song of the Day: The Beach Boys: God Only Knows