Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Slider

Debated whether I was going to blog this, but then I figured no one is reading this (I haven't told anyone about it yet) and Jake will most likely be the only person who reads every post (I hope), I decided I'd go ahead and do it. I got an email from a friend to day that started like this:

"Jeff,

Jake is one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen."

Hey, I gotta admit, I'm proud as hell. I feel the same way, what can I say? Again, I debated blogging this, but Jake, I think you may want to see what your aunties and uncles said about you.

Great day with the Jakers again. It was the first sunny day in a while, so I took Jake to the playground as soon as we got home (took two cars today). He was in such a good mood and obviously so happy and having fun. We played all over the jungle gym, sliding, climbing. All was good until he pointed at his back. I thought he'd hurt it, turns out it was dookie pants. We went home.

On the same tip as Sunday's weird shoe incident (see Sunday blog, don't have the energy to hyperlink here), Jake did another crazy thing today. When we arrived at the lobby, I gave him my keys b/c he likes to act like he's opening doors with them. He grabbed them, headed strait for the mailboxes, picked out our mailbox key on the first try and, this is nuts considering there are a hundred boxes there, walked strait to our box and unlocked it. Obvious question: how the hell did he know that was our box?

Crazy, Jake.

Song of the Day: The Postal Service: Such Great Heights